Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy Summer!

Happy Summer, folks! I've come to the conclusion that even if you no longer have a "summer break", there is a shift in mentality when school ends and weekends at the pool begin. Mother Nature sure took the cue and brought summer heat with vengeance to North Carolina with this week hitting the 90's! Don't fret for me or Princess Daisy, though, as we can typically be found lolling about under the fans;-) I am so blessed to have a husband who works hard enough for me to be able to relax in the summer. And relaxing is definitely what's going on around here! 

We kicked Summer off with a quick trip to Ocean Isle Beach to visit with some of David's family. It was gloriously relaxing and a great farewell to the beach, at least for a while. At this point the doctor said no more far travels:-( But at least we snuck one final trip in! 

The past two days have found me busy tidying up the house from its 10-month hiatus from being clean (thanks, school responsibilities and exhaustion!) and lolling about. I've managed to read one chick-lit book I picked up from the local used bookstore (ehhh) and am making my way through Smart Money, Smart Kids by Dave Ramsey and his daughter. I'm reading this at David's prompting (I am sooooooo not a money person!), but am actually enjoying the lessons in it. Hopefully by reading it now we can help prepare Amelia Grace to be successful in the future. You did realize both her parents were uber Type-A and always trying to be steps ahead??

Speaking of Amelia Grace she is just hanging out and cooking. We are 31 weeks now and enjoying it as much as we can. When I say "enjoy" I am most certainly leaving out the sciatica pain, indigestion, and insomnia. I know every bit of it will be worth it come August, but right now I am super thankful for the time off to rest! 

Speaking of rest, I do believe it's time for my afternoon nap. . .;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment