Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Many Thanks

Many thanks to everyone who has reached out to us. The prayers, support, love, and warm wishes mean more than we could ever put into words. We are blessed to have so many surround us when we need it most.

A sweet friend of mine from college posted this quote:

"An angel in the book of life wrote down your baby's birth.
Then whispered as she closed the book "
'too beautiful for earth'"

While this broke my heart to read, it also filled me with warmth. I'm not angry at God. I'm not struggling with this not being fair. More than anything else I am heartbroken. I am crushed by the feeling of loss toward our baby girl. But through that piercing sadness I do feel hope. 

I know God's plan is so much greater than our own. There IS a reason He took Emerson sooner than we were ready for. Throughout this process David and I have leaned on each other and our faith, without which we would still be crumpled up crying. We know that He is a god of redeeming love whose greater purpose will light this darkness.

Thank you again.

5 comments:

  1. Lauren I am so sorry. I am definitely praying for you and your husband. Your faith is inspiring. Please know you are in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed by your strength and faith. If anyone can get through something like this, it's you and David. Thought of you: Psalm 34:18-19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strong faith is such a witness to us all. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers daily. The quote is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and praying you will feel the peace God offers
    to get you through this.
    Love, Eleanor Zepko Campbell

    ReplyDelete