Monday, January 27, 2014

A Carolina Dog

If you've been reading for any amount of time you know that this little lady below is the princess of the family.


She came to us through an ad on Craigslist a little over three years ago. Within a few moments of being in our arms she was a part of our hearts. The adoption lady told us she was a lab/shepherd mix and we accepted that as truth. The longer she was with us we began to question that was the only way to categorize her. The way she hopped and pounced reminded us of a little fox. And the way she would crazily run around an open space and then slide and burrow her nose was unlike anything else we'd ever seen from a dog. And when we released her in the tall grass behind our apartment it was like a deer took control of her body with the graceful leaps. It was clear she wasn't just lab or shepherd. 

A few months ago I was lazily enjoying my morning coffee while reading The Charlotte Observer when I stumbled upon an article about a dog breed native to the Southeast-the Carolina Dog. The more I read the more convinced I became that Daisy had a new identity! I then Googled it and found picture after picture of dogs identical to Daisy!








Obviously they are not as perfect as our princess, but I do believe the Mobleys have found a new breed of dog to continue adding to the family!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool!! I would definitely say that is what she is however much prettier than the others (;

    ReplyDelete