Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hope, Patience, and Prayer

Be joyful in HOPE, be PATIENT in affliction, and faithful in PRAYER.
-Romans 12:12


This verse has been on my heart in a big way the past few weeks. We're going through parts of Romans right now at Hope with a series titled, "All In". Our pastor is challenging us to be "all in" for Jesus and not dancing on the sidelines. It's a powerful series that is hitting home for a lot of us, but this verse has resonated with me the most.

Over the course of 2013 I've felt some hope, but more suffering. There have been moments where I think, "I've got this. I'm going to be okay." And moments of, "Please, God, take away this pain" and "When will the ache stop?". This verse was the perfect reminder of God's will for me to. . .

be joyful in HOPE
I must remember to find the joy in the HOPE He promises His followers.
 
be PATIENT in affliction
 He promises me that pain is only temporary and He will restore me if only I am PATIENT.

and faithful in PRAYER
Constantly PRAYER restores and rejuvenates in miraculous ways.

Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment