Monday, May 18, 2015

Health Update-May 18, 2015

It's been a long while since I've filled y'all in on my health adventures so I figured I'd go ahead and fill y'all in!

I haven't had another stomach bout since the last one in March-praise! Hopefully that means that whatever was going on inside with my liver and/or gallbladder is done. 

I also received GREAT news from my nephrologist this week that my kidneys look good and I can stop taking the chemo drug-whooooooo! AND I can continue to wean off the prednisone-WAHOOO!!

As you can probably tell, we were very excited for all of this news. The past few months have been a roller coaster with my health, but it is such a relief that we can continue on our next adventure with clear health reports. Sadly, I will have to leave my beloved doctors behind :-( The good news is UNC-Chapel Hill has a superb nephrology program and my doctor is already getting the referral going there!

We thank y'all for all the prayers and support and ask that they continue as the final prednisone taper happens!

1 comment: