Friday, February 25, 2011

Random Airport Thoughts

Apparently I had too smooth of a flight two weeks ago because I agreed to get on another one of those itty bitty planes again. What was I thinking?! Oh, now I remember, I love my hubs:-)
Isn't he cute?!

So far no catastrophes have taken place, other than a 1-hour delay, but I'm not holding my breath. After much wandering I finally found a place to set up shop, and I thought I would enlighten y'all with some Lauren airport commentary. 

(one)-I'm beginning to think passing through the sliding doors into Charlotte Douglas gives people a sense of freedom. I'm not talking about "life is good, let's all be happy" freedom. I'm talking about, "I don't have to be nice to any of you random people freedom". It's like they got a "get out of jail free" pass so they don't have to be civil anymore!

(two)-It is quite hysterical to watch people run across the terminal, and then run right back because they forgot their wife and baby. Yes, this just happened. Hopefully the wee one will forget daddy's desertion; from the look on her face, Mama sure won't.

(three)-To the man shouting into his cellphone, you may be deaf but I'm certainly not. I heard every bit of your side of the conversation and hers. For the record, I agree with Martha. You are being a jerk.

(four)-Putting your things down on a table and chair apparently doesn't make them yours for the moment. To the man who moved my things to the floor, please see number one.

(five)-Just because you get airsick doesn't mean the entire waiting area wants to hear about it in detail. 

(six)- Basketball players travel in posses at airports as well as on school campuses.
(seven)- A group of servicemen (and women) were not allowing a delay to slow them down. Why not just do a few push-ups and sit-ups in the aisle of the concourse?

The sad thing is, you can't make this stuff up. Anyone else have an interesting airport story?

No comments:

Post a Comment