Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wisdom for Wednesday

I made it through my first month of blogging-whoot! January was a wacky month for me, and sharing it with others made it much more of an adventure. Some random thoughts taking up residence in my brain this evening:

*Hebrews 12:3: After a particularly stressful day I came home and spent some time with Jesus. My daily reading had me in Hebrews 12, and as soon as I started reading I realized how perfect it was considering my sour-puss mood. Hebrews 12:3 stood out to me. The New International Version says, "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart". This verse caught me at the perfect time. I've been feeling so overwhelmed and beaten down by the world this week. It feels like I am getting smacked in the face every time I turn around. This verse was a great reminder that God is there above all and what He conquers pales anything this pathetic world can throw at me.


*Hallmark now offers the option of ordering online! Many of you know how much I adore sending snail mail. I know, I know; I'm 80 years old. My collection of stationary grows every time I find myself out and about and see cute notes. Well, Hallmark now offers you the chance to order and design a card online! You can add music, pictures, personal messages, and all other sorts of goodies before they stamp and send it for you. Needless to say, I'm hooked!


*B-E-A-U-TI-FUL weather makes my heart happy. I could most definitely get used seeing 60 degrees on the thermometer. Anyone know who I have to talk to to get this to happen more often?!?
 

*It's amazing how unwavering a dog's loyalty and love can be. Recently I've been working pretty long hours away and at home. The poor dog is stuck in her crate the entire day and then doesn't get the walk she deserves, yet every evening she settles in next to me to snuggle. It's like she knows exactly when I need her the most. And I'm sure the little snot knows she'll be rewarded with another peanut butter jar in a week or two ;-)




Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment