Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Marvelous Monday

Monday was an unusually good Monday. Don't typically have many reasons to say that, but this Monday was full of them! To start off, it was a holiday from school. Not a teacher workday, but a holiday. Hooray for Martin Luther King Jr. and all the steps he made toward equality in our country and the holiday he brought along with him! 

Due to having the day off we scheduled one of our check-ups with the OB for this day. After a lovely sleep-in and a lazy morning puttering around the house I was on my way (David was meeting me there(. While I was tootling down the road my phone rang and it was a number I didn't recognize. I went ahead and answered it anyway because I was curious who it was. It turned out to be the high-risk OB we saw a few weeks ago. He was calling to say that the results from the "antiphospholipid syndrome" test was NEGATIVE!! Praise!

What does that mean? Well, it's wonderful news in that they are not going to set me up with daily blood-thinning injections. It also means that what likely happened (and the original theory) with Emerson was a chromosomal issue, which they say is much less likely to occur again. Such wonderful news to head into the appointment with.

After nearly an hour of waiting (argh...) we finally saw the doctor and had a pretty routine check-up. There was a bit of a hiccup when they weren't going to let us have an ultrasound (like my original doctor promised), but David came to the rescue and she went ahead and let us have one:-). We got to hear a strong, healthy 171 bpm heartbeat and a flip flopping little nugget!

We went our separate ways (David back to work, me to grab lunch) at that point. A little bit later David texted me to say he heard back from this life insurance company we are talking to and my health screening came back "super preferred", which is the best level you can have. Say what?!? Are they sure they tested the right person?? Haha. This comes a year after another company refused to cover me because of all my health concerns.

All in all it was an excellent Monday full of wonderful news that we hope continues to August! Thank you for the prayers and please continue with them, prayer warriors!

2 comments: