Monday, April 13, 2015

Health Update-April 13, 2015

Last week when I posted I mentioned how icky I was feeling because of my new kidney medicine. Well, I am pleased to say your prayers are working because I feel almost completely back to normal! The nausea comes and goes, but I am so thankful to report that it's going more than coming. Praise!

I also had an appointment with my nephrologist last week and it looks like that same medication is working! Praise! She said my lab numbers are moving in the right direction and things are looking food. She's hopeful that I'll only have to take it for 8 weeks versus the 12 weeks we originally talked about. She's also continuing to wean me off the prednisone while this is going on. 

Lots of good news!

Tomorrow morning is my liver biopsy to see if the GI doctor can pinpoint why my liver enzymes are elevated and if I actually have PBC. We are continuing to pray this is all cautionary and the elevated numbers came from that pesky gallstone. In the meantime we are remembering this. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment