Saturday, August 13, 2011

Coconut Shrimp

Shrimp is about the only seafood I really like. Fish is too fishy for me and all the other types of shellfish have a funny taste. I know, I know, it's crazy to hear me actually saying there is a food I don't like, but I tried 'em all and they just aren't clicking. Whenever we get seafood I dish into the gajillion different types of shrimp offered while my love goes for the steamed oysters-bleck! I'm going to try to being him over to the darkside with this delicious recipe from Aunt Debbie.

1/4 cup orange marmalade
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
3/4 cup panko
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled

Stir first 3 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper in small bowl. Set sauce aside.
Combine remaining red pepper and next two ingredients in large plastic bag.
Whisk egg whites and 2 tablespoons water.
Combine panko, coconut, and oil in a separate shallow dish.
Place shrimp in bag of flour mixture; shake and coat well.
Dip shrimp in egg mix and roll in coconut mix.
Place wire rack inside large baking dish.
Coat baking rack with cooking spray.
Arrange shrimp in single layer and bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment