Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Consignment Finds

A few weeks ago I had some time to kill before meeting a friend for lunch. I’d already gone into a few other places when I stumbled upon a cute little consignment shop. On a normal day I probably would have kept walking, but since I had some extra time I wandered in. I am so glad I did! I scored a Lily dress, a dress from Anthropologie and a pair of Rock and Republic jeans for $70!! They are all in pristine condition to boot!


So while this is super exciting, the more important thing to note is it seems that I may be conquering my fear of consignment shopping. All my life I have been a big believer in donating clothes to AMVETS and Goodwill and other places, but have been very hesitant to purchase anything “used” myself. Please don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I feel like I am “above” it or anything, in fact I wish I was okay with buying other people’s stuff! It’s just that I’ve always felt weird about wearing someone else’s clothes. I think it comes from being a bit of a germaphobe. . . Enter my super frugal, garage sale loving husband who balks at the idea of walking past a Goodwill when there are perfectly good things inside. He’s taught me that garage sales can offer all sorts of great goodies (like a solid oak table and six chairs for $50!) if you just give it a chance.

I am happy that I gave this precious shop a chance and plan on visiting there again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love love consignement shops! They are so much fun! I'm so glad you found some cute things!

    ReplyDelete