Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

I firmly believe that rainy days are good for the soul. They give us an excuse to sit around in our cozy clothes (as if I needed another excuse to do that!) and relax. Currently I am sitting on our porch with the pooch just listening to the rain fall. If it were a sunny day, I would undoubtedly feel the need to rush around accomplishing things in the few spare hours I have. Not today. Today I will probably venture out to run some errands, but I won't feel the need to rush. I will probably do some cleaning around the apartment, but I won't feel the desperation to complete it all. And I will most likely get some school stuff done, but I won't be pressured to complete it all in a certain amount of time. There is just something about a rainy day that reminds me to slow down, and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment