Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lesson Learned

There are a lot of things I miss about being at school and teaching, but one of the things I miss the most is seeing my school family. Y'all, these people are amazing. You need a hug? Their arms are wide open. Advice? They've got a story. A laugh? They have a million to share! Seriously, I miss these people. A few Fridays ago Amelia Grace and I got to hang out with some of them!

Remember this picture?


Well, here we are now!



It's so wonderful sharing stories of our little loves and the chance to see them grow up together:-)

BUT, before we even made it to this wonderful playdate we stopped by the school to visit with a few others. A sweet friend of mine was holding AG while we were all just catching up when I noticed the tell-tale yellow on her dress. Mommas know what I'm talking about. That lovely mustard yellow that signals a poop explosion. Awesome. 

I quickly grabbed AG away from Teri in hopes that she didn't spread the wealth. Luckily she hadn't! Not so luckily was the fact that I didn't have a spare outfit. Little miss had used that one the weekend before when we were in Winston Salem and I had forgotten to replace it. Well, I was not about to let this spoil our coffee date, so what's a girl to do? Put your baby (clad only in her diaper, mind you) and race over to Walmart to pick something up. Mother of the year right here, folks. She was not the least bit fazed and fit right in with the other kooks at the Wally World;-)

Needless to say there are now TWO spare outfits in the diaper bag. 

Lesson learned.

1 comment: