Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Health Check Point

Happy Tuesday one and all! It's been almost a week since I've caught y'all up on the health happenings, so I thought I would go ahead and post. 

So, last week I had an appointment the GI doctor to see what exactly was going on with all these "stomach bugs". I mentioned that I had hoped it was gallstones as that is a pretty easy fix. Due to my family's history of wacky medical disorders and my previous kidney issues the doctor didn't want to assume it was that just yet. He ordered some lab work and an MRCP (similar to an MRI) to see what exactly was going on. I still haven't heard back about the lab work (which I'm taking as a good sign!) and the MRCP is scheduled for later this week. Pending the results of all of that he may order a liver biopsy, but we're praying it doesn't come to that!

All of that means I'm pretty much in the same boat I was in last week. What about the other medicine I was supposed to take for my kidneys? It still has not come in yet! If any of y'all ever have to use this mail-order pharmacy, my deepest condolences. They have promised it would arrive multiple times and it still hasn't. I called them again yesterday to get a status update (since it was two days late from their most recent promised delivery date) and was told the order was put on hold and it was a good thing I called to release it. Seriously??? What would they have done if I hadn't called to check on it?? Good thing this isn't a life or death situation! Argh! The next promised delivery date is Wednesday but I'm not holding my breath on that one. . . 

Hopefully the next time I post I will have an update of happy news and happy lab results!

No comments:

Post a Comment