Monday, May 16, 2011

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig

It has been awesome having David home this week. I actually feel like we're a normal married couple now! The past few months of our young marriage have been interesting to say the least. And while he is not home for good just yet, he's one step closer. His timing couldn't be more perfect either-we are in the thick of testing.

Even though it's the kids taking the tests it is still crazy stressful on the teachers. Making sure you say exactly what you're supposed to say at exactly the right time without affecting the testing environment is enough to make a person lose their mind! I have read our test administration book cover to cover more times than I'd like to admit, but I'm still terrified I'm going to say one wrong word and screw it up for all of them! Throw in the fact that we still have to teach and they still have to learn and we have a recipe for disaster. Needless to say, I am very grateful for the timing of David's visit to Charlotte.

I have all these married friends who say how they wish their husbands were gone this long. I stare in disbelief at each of them. While I firmly believe time apart is healthy in a marriage, too long can have the opposite effect. In our case of four and a half months, we are about four months and a week past our sell-by date. I commend all the military families that have to do this to the nth degree. I would fail miserably as a military wife.

I married my husband so we wouldn't have to be separated; what a novel concept! I will admit it has been nice to pick my own movies at the Redbox and not having to make supper every night has been quite a treat. BUT not having someone to remind me when I'm being a crazy girl or help me make decisions (I'm probably the most indecisive person in the world. I have trouble figuring out what to eat as an after school snack) has stunk. Though I'm pretty sure he has loved not being around for those crazy girl moments where I cry over commercials with puppies and I highly doubt he missed catching up on the latest relationship on Glee. Then again that does give him an excuse to serenade Daisy and I with Katie Perry songs. . . but I digress.

I'm just counting my blessings and taking full advantage of our time together and I'm pretty much ignoring the fact that he is leaving in a few days. Whoever said living in a fantasy world is all bad sounds like a pessimist to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment