Monday, May 9, 2011

Momma Always Said. . .

To say Momma knows best is an understatement. This woman seriously knows what she is talking about. After being a nurse for over twenty years and raising five children she has her share of stories. Some good, some bad, some so unbelievable it's hard to imagine them actually happening. Yet, in all my life she has never been anything less than wonderful in all situations.

Yesterday (Mother's Day) I was thinking about how fortunate the other Wardlets and I are to have such a stellar momma. She is the definition of incredible. There was a hashtag going on Twitter for five great things about your mom. There is no way I could narrow it down to five. This woman is that awesome. I shall do my best though:

  1. Her sense of humor. My momma has the greatest sense of humor. Whether it is through her random cards or her favorite games to play (Trailer Park Wars if you're wondering, and yes this does actually exist), she always finds a way to get a giggle out of a situation.
  2. Her generosity. I honest to God do not remember my mother ever buying anything for herself, and I mean anything, until we started making her. She would always buy us clothes or books or anything we wanted, but never thought to take the time to spoil herself. She is constantly thinking of other people and doing everything she can to help them. Anyone and everyone is family in Jenny's house!
  3. Her work ethic. She is one of the hardest working people I've ever met. Sometimes it's a the doctor's office she works at, and other times it's at a swim meet. Wherever she's needed, she works her tail off!
  4. Her strength. She has not had it easy yet she doesn't let that stop her from loving life. She is the epitome of an optimist always looking at the glass as half full. It is inspiring how she continually picks herself up whenever someone tries to knock her down. 
  5. Her support. She has never given up on a single one of us, which is saying a lot considering there are five of us to keep track of! She has always supported whatever we wanted to do even when no one else would. For instance, we are all very well aware that being a teacher is a hard job with a pitiful paycheck. Yet, when I told her I was switching my major she supported me 4000%. All she cared about was that I would be happy, and that alone gives me the courage to never give up.
These are just a few of the amazing things that make my momma awesome. If you haven't met her, you should. What makes your momma awesome?

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." 
-Forrest Gump

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, you hit the nail right on the head! I am so proud of you for recognizing your Momma in this way!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete