Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feeling Loopy

You ever get that crazy, loopy feeling? You know, the one where everything is funny. I’m there. This typically happens when I am burned out after going nonstop. Or when I recognize that something crazy is the inevitable. Well, I’m there and the sad part is I can’t see it going away any time soon. All of the teachers on our team were discussing funny things the kids had done that day (you want a good laugh? Go hang out with a group of 8th graders) and I could not stop laughing. It just seemed that all of their cuckoo for cocoa puffs-ness has finally reached its breaking point. It’s hard to blame them though. They’re in the middle of a three-day testing extravaganza and their poor little brains are F-R-I-E-D. Expecting any real work out of them would be equivalent to asking Daisy to drive a car-madness.

I love all 120 of “my kids”. I really do. But we’re at that point in a vacation with other people where you need some time off. I remember going on vacation with my best friend growing up, Kelley (mentioned here) and after about five or six days of constantly being all up in each other’s grills, we had had enough. I’m there. They are all truly wonderful kiddos, but I’m losing it. And I’m not the only one, they’re feeling it too!

Today, a kid came up and asked if he could just sit down for a second. I should probably mention when we in the hallway and they were switching classes. I asked him why didn’t he just go to class and sit down, but apparently Science was too far of a trek. Can’t say I really blame him either. I usually just holler if I need Mr. D or pick up the handy dandy telephono.

I think we’ll all be glad to get back to some semblance normalcy next week. By normalcy I mean, not crazy schedules with random times though next week isn’t looking too promising right about now. I’m thinking I’m just going to have to invest some money in Starbucks stock and buy out their supply of lattes to reach their levels of energy. I mean, hey, if I’m gonna give them all my money I should at least get some kind of return.

Happy day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment