Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baked Zucchini Crisps

Part of all this minimal change disease fun is a low-sodium diet. Also known as a  "low happiness and low fun" diet. I've been doing my best to keep track of sodium and what I'm eating, but it's getting pretty dull. I saw this recipe online and figured I'd give it a go! It may not be super low in sodium, but it is high in deliciousness and other health benefits.

2 medium zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
sprinkling of garlic powder
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Mix together bread crumbs, pepper, garlic powder, and cheese.
Crack eggs in a separate bowl.
Dip zucchini slices in eggs, and then in bread crumb mixture.
Place on a greased baking sheet.
Spray with cooking spray.
Bake for 5-8 minutes in preheated oven. Flip and bake other side 5-8 minutes, until brown and crispy.
Enjoy with dipping sauces or plain!


No comments:

Post a Comment