Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday-How Great Thou Art


Oh Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds
Thy hands have made
I see the stars
I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout
The universe displayed.
-Christian Hymn

I have SO much to be thankful for these days that I may actually have trouble narrowing it down to a few. It's been very easy for me to get caught up in what has been going on these past few weeks and to really get down about it. The hard part is staying positive. Whenever I want to dwell in the negativity I snap right out of when I look around at all that surrounds me-I am so immensely blessed!! Alright I'll stop ranting and give you a glimpse at some of the awesome I get to experience.

*co-workers*
(holy canoli did I win the jackpot here! I cannot express to you how truly wonderful these people are. From sending me messages checking on me to covering my class and taking care of my kids. Seriously they are awesome sauce and deserve WAYYYYYYY more credit than they ever get!)

*family*
(our families have really stepped up in this time to help us. My mom and sisters came to take care of me for a bit, and David's family visited me at the hospital every time. I am so blessed by their proximity and their kind hearts.)

*modern medicine*
(I heard so many times that it's all treatable, and for that I am grateful. David and I were talking one night about how a hundred years ago that would not have been the case. As much as some of us complain about all the medicines out, at least they are there for us!)

*caring medical workers*
(I didn't have the best experience at the hospital with doctors (David keeps reminding me I'm not the only sick person in the world. . .), but the nursing staff and my primary physician are stellar! I have been so blessed by people going above and beyond their call of duty to help me)

*my kiddos*
(my kids have been so sweet during this time! They constantly check on me and make sure I've snacked and am resting enough. How many people can say that about the 8th graders they know?)

 *my sweet husband*
(David has been absolutely amazing during all these. He is conscious of how much I can do, but he refuses to let me get lazy and dwell. We keep teasing him that he was supposed to have gotten the "healthy Wardlet" and he can still trade me in. He just laughs and takes it all in stride. So grateful for the rock that he is in our family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment