Thursday, August 16, 2012

Refreshed

refreshed: (v) Give new strength or energy to; reinvigorate.

I feel very refreshed these days. Is it the extra 30 minutes of sleep I get each night? Is it the uninterrupted time with my love? Or is it the knowledge that I don't have to check off every item on my to-do list today because it can wait until tomorrow?

I don't know, but whatever the reason I am feeling refreshed.

I am very fortunate to have a career that allows me to "start over" on a regular basis. If things look rough for a few months, it's okay because if I wait a bit longer I will get a new batch of students and challenges to face. This is a double-edged sword, though. Sometimes you have such an amazing group of kiddos that you're convinced the next group won't be nearly as fun and you don't want to let them go. But of course we must. Is this how it feels to be a parent saying goodbye to stages as their kids reach new milestones? 

I love my job. I love the challenges it brings and the every day changes that no one could possibly predict. It's not always easy, but I really do enjoy it. It can be draining, though, and by June I am often counting the minutes until I have a bit of freedom. I think people in many careers face that feeling, I'm just lucky enough to get that bit of respite. I've now gotten the rest I needed and am feeling back up to par.

I am ready to conquer the new school year, the new kiddos, the new curriculum, and the new challenges. There is no doubt in my mind that it will take some adjusting, but I am confident that I can do it.

 I am refreshed.

2 comments:

  1. I track out tomorrow and I am looking forward to three weeks to refresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel this way. Our 2 weeks of inservice really tries to suck it out of me, but I LOVE setting my my classroom and getting it all ready for the students. (then they wreck it within .3 seconds by moving the desks out of my perfectly arranged set up)

    ReplyDelete