Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday-Holy is the Lord

 Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
Holy is the Lord God Almighty
The earth is filled with His glory
The earth is filled with His glory
-Chris Tomlin

Here are a few things I am thankful for today. . . 

early diagnosis
As much as the whole relapse thing stinks, I am grateful for the early diagnosis. When I remember how bad things were before, I am even more thankful for the early catch of it and aggressive treatment.

passion
I am so grateful for the passion for Christ from those around us. David and I are blessed to know some awesome people whose hearts are in a stellar place. I am thankful for their passion, drive, and motivation to spread His word.

readily accessible healthcare
I often take for granted the fact that I can just call up the doctor and get an appointment, or at the very least some guidance with my issue. So many others don't have that. I am so thankful for the care I am fortunate enough to receive when I need it most.

support
If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen allusions to a big presentation I had earlier this week. Not going to lie, I was absolutely terrified to present to a room of roughly 30 of my colleagues. I am pleased to report that not only did I survive, but people even told me I did well! Whew! I am very thankful for the open, gracious hearts of my peers:-)

patience
I am super thankful for the patience of my husband. The steroids mess with my brain and make me very loopy to the point of you may have to tell me the same thing three times before I really get it. My husband has been so patient with me even though I keep making silly little (and super annoying!) mistakes when it comes to scheduling house fixes. I am one blessed lady.

summer storms
Does it get much better than a big blowout storm that brings 15 degree temperature drops? Nope. 
What are you thankful for this week??

3 comments:

  1. I just listened to this song on the way to work! I always listen to K-Love in the car. It's my little time with God. We had a summer storm last night and I sat outside and took pictures ... then moved into the sunroom and just watched and listened. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chris Tomlin! All of his songs are so pure and heartfelt! I just read about your diagnosis and will be praying for you. You are smart to have such a positive outlook...God uses everything for his glory so hang in there friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The church we've been trying out uses a lot of Chris Tomlin's songs in worship, and we sang this song this morning! :)

    You are just a little jar of sunshine - always so positive! Good for you for always seeing the bright side...I know our Father is proud of you!

    ReplyDelete