Tuesday, January 15, 2013

God of Grace

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
-1 Peter 5:10

David sent me this verse last week when I was having a rough day. I had read it before, but that was when I was in a different place. It's funny how differently a verse, or quote or song, can affect you depending on where you are. Originally I thought it was important to remember, now this is one that I lean on.

Many have sent me various verses to offer comfort, and I am so grateful for them. It's these verses that offer me support when I can't stop crying. It's these verses that bring joy through the painful dark periods. His love never fails, regardless of how much we hurt. He makes all things work together to bring us back to Him, even if we don't see the reason in the here and now.

I know He will restore me. The restoration will take place on His timetable, not my own. If this experience has taught me anything at all it's that the sooner I give Him control over me the sooner the healing will start.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I am so amazed by your faith and trust in God! I think that I would feel anger and frustration but you seem to have an amazing resiliance. How in the world do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you sharing Lauren. I can tell that you are in God's presence.

    ReplyDelete