Friday, January 25, 2013

Word of God

The Power of Prayer

This morning I was sitting in my classroom trying to get organized for the shortened day (they sent us home early because of foul weather!) when a sweet teacher friend of mine came in. She said she had an odd request and asked if she could pray for me. She said the Lord had placed it on her heart as she was walking past my classroom. I was so overcome with emotion I could barely stutter out a yes. This wonderful lady prayed beautiful words over me on a morning a really needed them.

Yesterday we got a baby magazine in the mail. I managed to get off all the email subscriptions, but had completely forgotten about the two magazines I had already signed up for in anticipation of Emerson's arrival. I didn't get the mail yesterday afternoon, so I found it this morning waiting for me. All I could think about all morning was how much I missed her. My friend's words were exactly what I needed to hear.

This morning was an amazing reminder of the power of prayer. God knew in that exact moment exactly what I needed to hear so he placed it on her heart to comfort me. I am constantly in awe of the wondrous way He works.

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak
-Mercyme

No comments:

Post a Comment