Monday, November 5, 2012

16 Weeks




How far along? 16 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  +4 pounds as far as I'm concerned. I've decide I'll just leave the weighing up to the professionals;-)

Maternity clothes? Not yet though some items are getting snug.

Stretch marks? I thought I saw some and freaked. Then I realized it was the lighting. Whew! Needless to say I'll be doubly applying the cocoa butter now.

Sleep: Love it.

Best moment this week: We were just randomly sitting on the couch watching TV and David said how excited he was for Peanut to be here. My heart about burst out of my chest!

Miss Anything?  We went to the Renaissance Festival and they had pumpkin-flavored beer almost every time I turned around. At least it seemed like it. Think it will still be good if I buy it now and drink it after Peanut's arrival?? Ha! I wish.

Movement: Not yet, but I should start feeling him/her soon.

Food cravings: Greens. I can kill a bowl of spinach or collards in record time these days.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Morning. What started out as "evening sickness" has made it's way to the beginning of the day. I now wake up and ask myself what the least offensive food will be and try to eat that for breakfast. I've gone through a lot of toast.

Have you started to show yet: Depends on what I wear. A few of my students have started commenting on my bump! On a side note, they all think I should name it after them and have begun forming arguments as to why. It cracks me up!

Gender: We'll find out at our 18 week appointment-only two and a half more weeks! Any one have any creative gender reveal ideas?? We're finding out the day before Thanksgiving!

Labor Signs:  Nope.

Belly Button in or out? Definitely in.

Wedding rings on or off?  On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time with some mood swings in between.

Size of Baby: According to the bump, Peanut is the size of an avocado (as I type this I enjoy a little Wholly Guacamole, no offense Peanut). He/she can now hear and recognize our voices!

Looking forward to: Our 16-week appointment on Monday and hopefully seeing Peanut on the big screen:-)

4 comments:

  1. You look adorable!! Woohoo for finding out the gender in 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Isn't it so cool that they can hear us?!?! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt movement for the first time at the end of 16 weeks! Best feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pregnancy! So cute how excited your hubby is- that seriously makes it all worth. And woman, you are looking great for 16 weeks! You should feel so proud of yourself! Just found your blog and have enjoyed getting to know you more. Hope you don't mind if I follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete