Saturday, November 3, 2012

Roasted Acorn Squash

I didn't know acorn squash could be used for anything other than decoration until it showed up in our farm box a few weeks ago. Not quite sure what to do with it I took to the internet to hunt for a recipe to use. There were a few fancy ones out there that I knew would take more time than I was willing to dedicate to the task at hand. Listed below is what I came up with off of a few others. Let me know what you think!

Ingredients
1 acorn squash, cut into fourths
olive oil
sea salt
butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.
Put squash pieces, skin sides down, on a lightly oiled baking dish.
I lined it with aluminum foil to aid in clean up.
 Sprinkle with salt. 
Bake squashes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. 
Remove from oven, and brush each slice with butter. 
Put back in oven for another 5 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment