Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daisy May Mobley

As I'm sure you can figure out, Daisy is a bit spoiled. To put it bluntly, the dog is spoiled rotten to the nth degree. I mentioned to David last week that she is going to go through severe withdrawals when we have children because she will no longer be the star of the show and the model for all my pictures. Despite the extreme levels of pampering she is a very well-behaved dog. Yes, we have the ripped shoe every so often, and yes we have the stolen socks on a daily basis, but she is a very sweet dog for the most part! I will admit that I could do without the incessant whining and discovery of random items in the woods. It can't all be perfect, right?

After perusing the internet today, I stumbled upon an article about dogs. The tag line was "What You Do to Annoy Your Dog", and of course I had to figure out how I was torturing my princess pup. Apparently dogs have tired of teenagers blaming their parents for everything and wanted in on the action. I literally could not stop giggling from the moment I started reading, and by the end I was howling (pun intended!). After reading all the ways I was ruining Daisy's precious puppy life I promptly banished her to the porch for her "I'm dying a very slow death so give me attention now" whine. If the author were here I'm sure I would have been chastised for not listening to her bark and excluding her from the family. She'll survive, I'll throw a little extra peanut butter on her evening treat.

How can you say no to a face like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment