Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yumminess

Anyone who knows me knows I love to bake. When I say love, I mean I've been known to bake up a whole batch of cookies, then give them all away just because I wanted to make them. Recently I haven't had anyone to bake for other than me, myself, and I. Not to mention with bathing suit season right around the corner, I've been trying to cut back on the sweets (ask David how well that is going over). Last night I bit the bullet and decided to bake for all my school peeps. I had a particular hankering for strawberry bread that I just could not resist. Once you try it you'll understand why I just had to have it.

Strawberry Bread
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1-2 packages frozen strawberries (personal preference of strawberriness!)
1 1/4 cup pecans (optional)

Puree the frozen strawberries in a food processor or blender.
Mix it all up and back in a bundt pan for an hour at 350.
Enjoy!

PS-I'm sure there is some magical way to make this healthier, but I'm not that ambitious right now.
PPS-I may or may not sometimes make this so I can just lick the bowl :-)
PPS-Tastes delectable warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!


1 comment:

  1. If you use canola oil, you cut out most of the trans fat! :) We just got some frest strawberries, I may try this with those! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete