Friday, March 11, 2011

(Belated) Thankful Thursday

I wrote this yesterday, but then forgot to post it-whoops!

I've been under what seems like a great deal of stress lately. Many different factors contribute, but the end result is an overwhelming feeling of defeat. I even asked David, "am I a Debbie Downer?" to which he kindly defined Debbie Downer and then told me I wasn't one (yay wonderful husband!). Then he did bring it to my attention that I have been dwelling on a lot of negative issues recently. Instead of seeking the positive in a situation, which my personality lends me to do, I nit pick at the issue. I realized that by allowing these things to overwhelm me, I'm essentially saying I don't need God. I'm saying that I don't believe God can conquer my struggles. I could list excuse after excuse, but the truth is still there.

Following this light bulb moment I took some time to look at the stressors in my life and seek the good. I was reminded by the good Lord, yet again, how truly blessed I am. Here are some things I am thankful for right now:

*solid, Christ-centered conversations*
*my co-workers*
*our crazy/funny families*
*half.com*
*fruit*
*my blog peeps and their support:-)*

No comments:

Post a Comment