Monday, November 28, 2011

Brown Bag Apple Pie

I must preface this by saying, if you like any type of apple pie you must give this a try! A woman in our community group made it for us one time, and David and I were hooked. I knew I needed to get the recipe for myself to make and share. It was a hit at supper with the Mobleys and I can't wait to make it again:-)

Crust:
 1-1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 cup oil
1tbsp. milk

Filling:
 6 large peeled/sliced apples
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
2 tsp cinnamon

Topping: 
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup butter

Crust Instructions:
Mix ingredients and pack in pie plate.
Filling Instructions:
 Mix together and pour into pie shell.
Place filling in unbaked crust.
Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp. flour.

Topping Instructions:
Mix ingredients and pat on top of pie filling.
Place pie in brown bag. 
Fold end and staple.

Bake on cookie sheet for 1 hour at 425.
Enjoy!

Chopped apples ready to be tossed into the pie.

 Crust ingredients waiting to be mixed. 

 She was such a big helper-not!

 The insides all mixed together.

Do we really have to wait an hour??

No comments:

Post a Comment