Saturday, November 26, 2011

Embracing The Crazy

If you haven't figured it out yet, we don't exactly do things the traditional way in our house. I mean if the fact that my parents had five children before they were thirty should tell you we like to mix it up. Growing up was never dull, and our current adulthood only makes it more fun. We've decided not to let the crazy embarrass us and instead have decided to embrace it. Today's story of crazy is Christmas-themed. Get excited.

David and I arrived early Thursday morning at casa de Ward. The Momma had mentioned taking a Christmas picture before heading up the road to Oma & Pappy's (her parents) for a big Thanksgiving meal. All we were told was to dress "nice". So you can imagine our shock when we arrive and congregate with the other Wardlets to receive our "outfits". Yes, I said "outfits". My kind parents decided that Christmas sweaters and pajamas were too traditional for us and that we needed to up the ante for this year's picture. They had purchased elf costumes.

I'm sure you can imagine our initial response-heck no. Then we decided to embrace the crazy. We took in the costumes and matching accessories (booties and hats. What Christmas outfit wouldn't be complete without booties and hats??) and went with it. Here is evidence of the crazy:

Here come the elves on the Christmas train!

Who is that coming out of the woods? It's none other than the Wardlets!

"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite"

 I love you. I love you! I LOVE YOU!

Chi-O elves!

Until next time, embrace the crazy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment