Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday-Guardian

I’ll be your keeper for life as your guardian
I’ll be your warrior of care your first warden
I’ll be your angel on call, I’ll be on demand
The greatest honor of all, as your guardian  
-Alanis Morissette

Hello lovely readers! Today means that tomorrow is Friday-Hooooorayyyy! Each week I find I have an overwhelming number of things to be grateful for. Anyone else ever feel that way? As I look around our home right now I realize how much I have to be thankful for, and it blows me away. What did I do to deserve this?? Here are a few things that are at the forefront of my mind right now:

my sweet husband
I have been an emotional ball of mess this past week (thank you womanhood for that one), yet he has never once faltered. He has been completely and totally wonderful. Every time I yell then cry, he listens to me before helping me calm down. He has gone out of his way to make my life easier and I cannot thank him enough for that. How many women can say that about their husbands? A shout-out to Mama and Papa Mobs for raising such a Godly man!

much needed rain
It seems that every blip on the radar but us was getting rain this past week, then finally the skies opened up! The stellar summer storms (you like that alliteration right there? English dork right here) brought lower temps and the ability to leave your house without suffocating.  Very thankful for that!

sleep
Let's be honest here, I don't get much sleep during the school year. That's just the nature of the beast. Lots of work coupled with little time equals very little sleep for Mrs. Mobley.  I am so grateful for nights of 9+ hours of sleep. That's right folks, 9+ hours!

healthy eating
I am very thankful for the fact that we can eat healthy. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. Eating healthy is not always cheap, but with coupons, sales, and grocery stores close by we can make it happen.

the beach
We are headed to the beach for a week with David's wonderful family! I couldn't be more excited for a week of reading, resting, and relaxing. We're also excited to introduce Daisy to the beach for the very first time!

What are you thankful for this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment