Friday, April 19, 2013

Dog Terror Update

Thank y'all for your comments and suggestions regarding our monster dog neighbor. Here is the update you've all been waiting for. . .

After sharing the story with many people at school on Monday, my anger had heightened. I went ahead and called animal control as soon as I could that afternoon. I told my story to the dispatcher who sent me along to someone else. She listened and then quickly told me there was nothing they could do. Yep, you read that right, nothing they could do.

Say what??

Apparently since Daisy did not sustain any injuries that required a vet visit I could not press charges, and if I did not press charges they could not take the dog away. She said that if there were injuries involved we could press charges, go to court, and they may take the dog away. 

Say what??

Yep, folks. It doesn't matter if there is a vicious dog taking up residence next door, unless you're bleeding they won't do anything. The fact that we are trying to prevent that from happening means nothing! The worker at animal control said that if the dog were running rampant around the neighborhood, they could come take it away. Honestly, I don't think they would have a dog to come find with how much the neighborhood hates this thing!

Fast forward about an hour and I've just finished working out. I see that the father of the family is home again. I should probably mention that the parents left the high schooler and young twenty-something at the house while they went off to work in VA, so they haven't been home to take responsibility for their terror. I'm not one for confrontation, but I wasn't about to take this sitting down. I moseyed on over and asked him point blank, "what's the plan with the dog?". His response? "I'm taking her back with me to VA". Oh, good, so now it can terrorize people in multiple states. Superb plan. The best part? "We may look into getting a fence when we get back". 

Say what??

You may look into getting a fence? Getting a fence is the bare minimum in my mind. Tying that rat up to a tree clearly did no good the first time around. The fact that you're even considering trying that route again nauseates me. 

What to do, what to do. . . my next step is to contact the HOA. I can't imagine they'll be too pleased to know that a monster is living in their confines wrecking havoc. Our HOA is pretty tough, so I'm hoping this works!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what the situation is, but I've heard of people carrying pepper spray while walking/running to keep off-leash dogs from chasing or attacking. Kind of a pain but maybe a good temporary solution?

    ReplyDelete