Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Power of Prayer

I believe in the power of prayer.

When people said they were praying for us after we lost Emerson, I felt full of hope and love. I knew we had an army of people behind us pleading to God for our healing. Each week at the end of our community group discussion, we listen to each other's prayer requests and praises. It's amazing to check in and see the needs of your church family, and the growth that can come from it.

There is something incredible about knowing people are praying for you. When people say they are praying for me, I genuinely hope that they are. I believe the outcome of prayer is something wonderful. I love when people ask if they can pray over me, or if I need prayer. I believe God is using the people around us to comfort us and to build us up through these prayers.

I was once guilty of telling people I was praying for them, without actually following through with the action. I am ashamed of this. How immature of me to claim something so special, but not complete it. I don't think I truly believed at that point, but now

I believe in the power of prayer.

Now, when I tell someone I am praying for them, I mean it with all that I am. I am genuinely curious if their prayer requests are fulfilled. I hope with my heart that what comes of it is truly from God. 

 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
-Mark 11:24 

2 comments:

  1. I love when someone tells me that they are praying for us! It means SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean - the feeling of hope and love after a big loss! I definitely think it can be a powerful thing!

    ReplyDelete