Monday, June 6, 2011

Bookworm

I am a bookworm. There, I said it. For as long as I can remember I have taken every bit of downtime that I have and read. I was that kid who always asked to go to the library during homeroom and I’ve turned into the adult who always has a book in her purse. I’ll read anything actually. Books, magazines, newspapers, pamphlets. You name it, I’ll read it. As I’ve gotten older I find that I have less and less time to read what I want. I’m hoping to change all that this summer.

Since I am a teacher I have the great fortune of having the summer off from work. My plans? Pool, read, nap, repeat. I’m sure errands and cleaning and a few vacations will be thrown in there, but for the most part that is the plan. I’ve already started jotting down a few possible reads, but I’m looking for suggestions! Here is what I’m thinking now:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett 
(going to be a movie too!)

If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster 
(all of her other stuff keeps me in fits of giggles so I’m really looking forward to her novel debut)

Mini Shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella (
I loved all the others and am hoping this is good too!)

Georgia Bottoms by Mark Childress 
(I read a review in a magazine and it looks like a page turner)

Skipping A Beat by Sarah Pekkanen 
(read the back while waiting for the hubby at Target and it looks cute)

As you can see my list is pretty sparse. What are y’all reading these days?!?!

1 comment: