Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer 2011 Bucket List

I have the great fortune of having summers off-score! This summer I'll be picking up a part-time nannying position, but even then I'll have two days off a week to be a bum. Anyone who knows me knows I have to stay busy. If I'm not busy I get bored, and I am very bad at being bored. Whenever I'm bored I somehow find my way to the mall, Target, etc. Or I end up sleeping/wasting the day away. I'd much rather have a ten item to-do list than a three item list because I know I can put those three items off all day whereas if I have ten items I know I have to stay busy to get those things done. Anywho, the moral of this rant is I like having things to do. Here is the list of things I'd like to accomplish this summer:
  1. Scrapbook our engagement and wedding pictures as well as my bridal portraits. I started cropping yesterday and after 3 hours I'm only halfway through. This is turning into a bigger project than I previous imagined-oof.
  2. Organize our spare closet. Since we only have two bedrooms we only have two closets to store stuff, The spare closet has become the place to throw all of our random stuff that most people store in their attics. The first things you see when you open the door: my wedding dress,  a Christmas tree, a few Easter baskets, and multiple boxes of seasonal clothes.
  3. Purge books. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am an avid reader. Being a big reader means we have lots of books, some of which we really don't need to keep. I'd like to decrease our collection before we move.
  4. Find a house. Even if we don't move this summer I'd really like to find a house for us to live in before summer is over.
  5. Learn new recipes to share with family and friends. This is more of a 2011 resolution, but I'd like to keep it up in my spare time this summer!
  6. Chronicle every vacation we take with pictures. I used to be the queen of taking pictures, but since we've been married I've kind of slacked on this. I want to get back in the habit.


What is on your summer bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment