Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday-Only in America

Only in America
Dreaming in red, white and blue
Only in America
Where we dream as big as we want to
We all get a chance
Everybody gets to dance
Only in America
-Brooks and Dunn

As with every week, I have MUCH to be thankful for! With nothing besides a dentist appointment scheduled this week I have enjoyed lots of rest and relaxation. I even read two books (The Memory Keeper's Daughter and The Wedding Girl) while working on my tan! Here are a few things I am thanking the good Lord for today:

*country music*
(I can't think of a better way to relax at the pool than listening to some good 'ol boys singing about life)

*our military*
(we are free because of the brave men and women who give their lives for ours each and every day)

*family*
(David and I have been blessed immensely on the family front! Who else can say they actually enjoy hanging out with BOTH sides of their familes?!)

*afternoons at the pool*
(such a wonderful way to rest after a long school year)

*weekends away*
(we are so fortunate to be able to spend many weekends away visiting with family and friends. This weekend will take us to an old favorite, Raleighwood!)

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment