Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday-Makes Me Wanna Take a Backroad

Makes me wanna take a back road
Makes me wanna take the long way home
-Rodney Atkins

Teachers across the state have much to be thankful for today-tomorrow is the last day of school!!! Today was the last day for many of our 8th graders though since we are having our promotion ceremony this evening. Hopefully the parents believe their kids this time around and won’t send them to school tomorrow! As we reach this monumental day, I get all mopey about my kiddos, but I’ll save that post for another day. Here are some things I am thanking God for today:

*coworkers*
(can’t get enough of these stellar people and their awesomeness!)

*summer starts next week*
(I think that says it all)

*medical advancements*
(We are so blessed to live in a world where we can get whatever medicine we need for whatever ailment we have)

*a great school year*
(I don’t want to jinx myself before tomorrow BUT I have had a pretty fabulous year all things considered!)

*slower pace of life*
(I absolutely adore the slower pace of life that comes with the sunshine and summertime!)

I hope everyone else has had a superb week! What blessings are you counting this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment