Friday, July 8, 2011

Two Days in Heaven

Good morning all! As I write this I am enjoying a delicious cup of Vanilla Biscotti coffee (yum!) on our back "porch" (more like a mini-balcony) with the pup at my feet. Does it get much better than this?? The ridiculous humidity of July in North Carolina hasn't hit just yet so I'm soaking is as much of this beautiful morning as I can. My sweet husband is still curled up in bed enjoying his morning off from work.

The view from my seat
(She's pretending to be ferocious at the birds if you're wondering)

The reason we're both home today is because my brother is graduating from Officer Candidate School in Quantico, VA this morning and we were supposed to be there. Due to some silly rule about only having five guests, we were voted off the island. Something about getting married and growing up cuts you out of family events. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I understand military protocol and not wanting swarms of people there, but what about us gigantor families?? I mean we start off with seven, add a husband (also known at the 6th Wardlet, te he he), and two girlfriends (Harrison's and TJ's) and we're automatically up to our own baseball team. I'm super bummed that we couldn't be there this morning though from the triplet reports the 5am wake up yesterday and today were nothing to miss. We will be heading to Winston this afternoon to greet them upon their arrival and celebrate TJ's accomplishments tomorrow at a cookout.

It seems that our summer schedule has us going every which way on the weekends. During the school year I am so drained on the weekends that corralling the energy to travel is quite a feat, so we're trying to make up for it this summer. Of the nine weekends between the end of school and the start of teacher workdays we have traveled/are traveling seven, but one of the off weekends doesn't really count because we will be hosting bacoodles of people at our tee-niney apartment. Yea, so we're a bit busy. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the opportunities to see new places and visit with old favorites, but part of me is wondering if the school year will be a bit of a reprieve.

I’m thankful for the weekend
But two days in heaven just ain’t gonna do.
-James Otto


No comments:

Post a Comment