Friday, July 1, 2011

Wacky Cake

Every year whenever Momma asked me what type of cake I wanted for my birthday, this was my go-to. In fact, we've now reached the point where she doesn't even have to ask. All she needs to really make is the frosting and I'd be a happy camper (is anyone really surprised by this?!). If you're looking for a piece of heaven in your mouth, look no further!

Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup of cocoa
2 cups cold water
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2/3 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix the first five ingredients together. 
In a separate bowl mix the final four ingredients.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Pour into a greased pan (I usually use a bundt) and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

Frosting
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup and 2 tsp milk
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter and brown sugar on stove. 
Add milk and bring to a boil.
Cool and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
Pour over cake and let it solidify.

Enjoy the explosion of deliciousness in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment