Sunday, January 29, 2012

Boonetown Visit

This past weekend David and I were fortunate enough to get to go to Boone to see my sister, Abby. This wasn't just any trip up the mountain, though. I was going up to celebrate her initiation into Chi Omega!!

We arrived late Friday evening and went straight to her dorm to pick up her and her boyfriend, Matt. I was famished after not eating since 11am (the life of a teacher. . .) so we headed straight to supper at none other than Chilli's. This used to be the go-to place for our family growing up so it made sense for us to choose there to chow down.

After supper we scooted on over to Sweet Frog's Frozen Yogurt. Nom nom nom. Y'all know I love me some sweets, but froyo is one of my supreme weaknesses. My flavor of choice this time around was cake batter with hot apple pie on top! I was able to try a few new flavors, though and let me just tell you, Sweet Frog knows what they are doing.

We then went back to Abby's dorm to hang out and talk. It may sound silly, but it was really neat just hanging out in a dorm room again. David and I met our sophomore year at NC State and much of the beginning of our relationship was spent hanging out in dorm rooms. The not so fun part of staying there? Having to sleep in a lofted bed. Oof.

I resolved to climb up and stay there 'til morning. My body had other plans and at about 3am I woke up having to use the restroom (blasted 6 cups of water at supper!). After I determined there was no way I could last until morning, started climbing down. Not exactly sure what happened next, but I started slipping, the bed started moving, and the next thing I knew I was falling. I managed to land right on my knee (still limping a day later) and scared the mess out of Abby who shot out of bed screaming. My husband? Slept through the whole thing. I somehow climbed back up and got help when I needed to get back down the next morning.

Once we were up for good we headed over to Melanie's on King Street for breakfast. It was the cutest little cafe with very deliciously HUGE breakfast options. The breakfast I ate at 9am held me over to supper that evening. We then wandered up and down King Street and around Boone for a few hours before Abby's initiation.

Now, I can't give any details on initiation (so don't ask!) but what I can say was it was a wonderful experience with a great group of girls. The Chi Omega's at Appalachian welcomed me with open arms, and I couldn't have been more grateful. I now know why Abby loves it there so much!

Unfortunately we had to hit the road soon thereafter. It may have been brief, but it was a great little visit and I can't wait to get back! A few pictures from our quick trip:

 Abby and Matt waiting for Mast to open.

What, you mean you don't take pictures while waiting for stores to open??

King Street
Other side of King Street
 
 A little wind blown, but we were in Boone after all!





4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your sister other than the fall :( Ouch! Hope you aren't still limping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe we were in the same town! Let me know the next time you are up here :) Your sister looks familiar! Maybe from around campus or out! Congrats on her initiation into ChiO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I speak for the general public when I say: we want to hear about this Matt guy! He sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on having another Chi O Sister. Im sure that made initiation even more special. I hope to be able to initiate my sister into DG one day!

    ReplyDelete