Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Cake

I don't normally post two times in one day, but I wanted to share this with all before Christmas left us for another year! As I've mentioned a time or two before I adore anything chocolate and peppermint flavored. So when I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to give it a try! Let me know what y'all think!

Cake
1 box Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix

Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 oz cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
a few drops of red food color

Garnish
Crushed up candy canes
Make cake as directed on box for two 9-inch rounds; cool completely.
Beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. 
Reduce speed to low; gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. 
Add vanilla, peppermint extract and food color, a drop at a time.
Split each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. 
Place 1 layer on serving plate; spread top with thin coat frosting. 
Repeat with remaining layers. 
Frost side and top of cake with thin coat frosting; refrigerate 10 minutes to allow frosting to firm up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. 
Arrange whole peppermints then sprinkle crushed peppermint around side and top of cake.
Enjoy!


1 comment: