Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Questionnaire

I saw this precious questionnaire over at Matt and Kara Adopt and I thought I'd give it a go!

1. 
Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate all the way, especially with a little peppermint flavoring!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa never wrapped presents. They were always decoratively placed around the room.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White all the way. On the tree and on the house! I love the classic look when it comes to Christmas decorations.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I did last year when I got some from a family member's farm, but haven't gotten any this year.

5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as I can get home from our Thanksgiving travels!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My aunt's sweet potato casserole. It's absolutely delicious!

 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The very first Christmas David and I celebrated as a married couple:-)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly cannot tell you. What I can tell you is that I remember getting in trouble for telling the little girl next door! I guess I couldn't believe that it was true so I had to check with the other kids in the 'hood.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were little we would beg and plead until The Momma gave in. Now we exchange our secret Santa kids between the Wardlets on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our tree is a mish-mash of us. We have some ornaments from our childhoods (like the MASSIVE collection of Star Wars ornaments-I'll give you one guess who those belong too!) and some from our lives together. Something we started doing is getting an ornament from every trip we go on together. In our collection now? A few from Disney, one from Charleston, one from Waynesville, one from the Biltmore, etc. It's so neat to see them on the tree and remember the wonderful time we had in those places!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Both! I love it for like a day, then I'm over it. It's really the anticipation of the event that gets me.

12. Can you ice skate? Oh heavens no! Do I strike you as a coordinated person? Because if so, we're going to need to talk. . .

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I have a favorite. Each gift has been special for its very own reason.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The two uninterrupted weeks of time with all my loved ones.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Ooo this is a toughie. I love making and sharing homemade sugar cookies with homemade frosting. Nom nom nom.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? For as long as I've remembered we've always gone to Christmas Eve service and then come home and celebrated just the Wards (and now David!). We'll get out all our old favorite board games and pig out on snacky appetizer-type foods. It's one of the few times we're all together!

17. What tops your tree? A beautiful bow given to us by David's grandmother.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving all the way. I love seeing the look on people's faces when they open it up and discover what they wished for. 
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum!! I'm the crazy one who stocks up at Christmastime and snacks on them all winter.

20. Favorite Christmas movie? The Santa Clause series or Elf
 
21. Saddest Christmas song? "Christmas Shoes" has me bawling every time.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oddly enough I love "Last Christmas" by Wham! I can't help but start to dance and sing along when it comes on!

Now it's your turn! Link back in the comments section with your answers!

1 comment:

  1. #22 made me giggle. I love Wham! Thanks for linking back :)

    ReplyDelete