Monday, December 26, 2011

Guest Post-Abbie at Eight Days a Week

While my sweet husband and I are off visiting family a few very special ladies have agreed to guest post for me! The first post comes to ya'll from Abbie at Eight Days A Week. Be sure to check out her precious blog!


Hi there everyone! My name is Abbie from Eight Days a Week, I'm here to give the lovely Lauren a break during her busy Christmas vacation. I'm just going to tell y'all a little about myself.

I'm about two weeks away from turning 21 and just recently married the love of my life, Jon, who is a Pararescueman in the Air Force. I am also about to start my journey as a full-time nursing student, with big plans for the future. I grew up in beautiful North Carolina and lived there up until the summer of 2010 when Jon got assigned his permanent duty station (after 3 long years of training all over the US) and I decided I would leave everything behind and move to the middle of the desert (Tucson, Arizona) with him! I went to NCSU for a short year, which is where I met Lauren and David, and then made the huge decision to follow my then boyfriend far far away from all that I've ever known. I don't regret it one bit. We've been out here for the past year and a half and we absolutely love it. Although I do NOT love being 2,000 miles away from my family. We don't have any children yet, just two adorable doggies.

Jon and I have already been through one deployment together and the next one is coming up in less than two weeks! It's been a bumpy road learning how to be a military wife. I've learned that the military comes first and can take my husband any time they please, he always has a bag packed ready to go and that you have to learn a whole other language to keep up with all of the things that are going on. He's away from home about half of the year so we make the most out of every moment that we have together and are thankful for every single day. It's definitely an adventure!

Learn more about me and my hubby over at http://love-eightdaysaweek.blogspot.com. 

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment