Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Top Ten

Check out my very first (HOORAY!) guest spot over at Girls With Curls. She rocks my socks with all her awesomeness, so after you read my little blurb be sure to check out what she has to offer.

I absolutely love this time of year. I mean, who doesn't?? I created a list of ten of my favorite things about Fall and I figured I should do the same for the Christmas season. I may actually have trouble narrowing it down to ten, but I'll do my best!
  1. the music-from the classics ("Chesnuts roasting on an open fire. . .") to the more recent faves ("Last Christmas" by Wham!), Christmas music has always been a favorite of mine. While I do adore Christmas music, I am one of those people that waits until after Thanksgiving to crank it up.
  2. the food-an excuse to pig out almost non-stop for a month? Where do I sign-up?!?
  3. the movies-I can't even list all my favorites, but I'll share a few: Elf, The Santa Clause (all three), Rudolph, etc, etc.
  4. family-this is the only time of the year where we get to see almost all of or spread out family, and for that I am so grateful. I wish we could see them more than we do, but I'll take a visit whenever I can get it!
  5. days off-one of the wonderful perks of being a teacher:-)
  6. Christmas spirit-it is so incredible to see people's hearts pour out love for others. I wish we could see this year around, but this is a good place to start.
  7. celebrations-from Christmas parties to cookie swaps, this seems to be the time of year to get together. I can't wait to fill our calender with get-togethers will all our loved ones.
  8. gift-giving-I love giving gifts and this time of year gives me the perfect excuse to spoil all those that I love!
  9. decorating-this is the one time of year I can go absolutely crazy with colorful, kooky decorations and my beloved can't say anything about it. Gotta love it!
  10. everything peppermint flavored-if there is a flavor that rivals my love of pumpkin, it would have to be peppermint. Peppermint with chocolate to be specific. I'm on the hunt for more recipes, but any are appreciated!
What is your favorite part of the Christmas season??

No comments:

Post a Comment