Tuesday, May 29, 2012

30 Before 30: Cookout

One of the tasks on my 30 Before 30 List was to host a cookout. I was really hoping to have a big soiree to show off our expanded patio, but that would require us to have expanded our patio. It's in the plans, but won't be happening for quite some time now. The opportunity to host over the long weekend presented itself and the "Martha" in me just couldn't say no!

I have always loved celebrating summer with family and friends. There is something about gathering 'round the grill with a corn hole tournament going that is really good for the soul. Now that we have a house we can finally host our very own cookout! We ended up having 4/5 of the Wardlets together again (missed ya, Manda Panda!) which is impressive in and of itself. We also had a few of my close friends from childhood over to catch up and celebrate life.

The smell of burgers and hot dogs greeted guests out back along with a table filled to the brim with sides, dips, and desserts. As neat as it is to be able to host and provide food for everyone, there is something about inviting everyone to share their signature dish. I can't wait to get some the recipes to share with y'all!

A few pictures from the weekend:

TJ and Megan came to visit us from Raleigh!

Bored? Crack out the Mario Kart of course!

Friends for over 20 years!

Family portrait:-)

How many engineers does it take to move a light for games?

Can't wait for the next opportunity to open our home up to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. We love having people over too! :) Glad you guys enjoyed your get together-- the family pic is too cute! My hubs and I play mario kart together too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on checking another one off your list and how much fun to host your own cookout! I cannot wait until we get our own place so we can have parties all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on checking another thing off your list! =) I'm working on a list myself..so I'm gonna check yours out for some ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cook out! Think I should add to my future list too! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete