Monday, May 7, 2012

What A Weekend

What a weekend it was! From the moment it started to the moment it ended it seemed like we were rushing every which way. A brief recap. . .

Friday evening we kicked off the weekend by chaperoning the 8th grade semi-formal dance. Not exactly super exciting plans for a beautiful Spring evening, but it ended up being a lot of fun! We, along with the rest of my stellar team, manned the refreshments room. Now, if you remember middle school then you probably remember that during most dances consist of the girls congregating and dancing some while the boys congregate and watch. This was not much different. It was neat to see how dressed up all the kiddos got, though!

Davido was totally enthralled with the kids coming down the "red carpet"

We arose bright and early Saturday morning to check out a new breakfast place before we hit up some yard sales. The place is a BBQ place so I didn't really have high hopes, but I'm happy to say I was proved wrong. The food was that awesome down home cooking you imagine for a breakfast joint. The coffee was a little lacking, but we made up for it by using a coupon at another place to get Snickerdoodle coffee. Mm mm mm. We then hit up a few local yard sales before heading out on some errands. The yard sales were a bit disappointing, but we did score ten pretty good movies for $10!

My sweet husband had been talking about the move, The Avengers, since he heard about it so we headed to the mall for an early showing. I was surprised how full a 10:20am show was! It was a great movie and I am happy to recommend it to all! After the movie we scooted over to a sweet birthday party for some friends of ours little one year old. It had and Evel Kenival theme so they had him wearing a cape and sunglasses. How precious!

Some of our friends came over to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, aka chow down on Mexican food, with us. I made the oh so basic tacos and guacamole while Tiffany stole the show with her Mexican pizza. As soon as I get the recipe I will share with all!

Yummy Mexican pizza and tacos!

Sunday had us racing around as well. We went from church to a meeting for church back home to clean up Saturday's mess before we had guests for supper. One of my roommates from college was in town at IKEA with her fiancee so they stopped by for supper. It was so much fun catching up with them and hearing all the details of their wedding. Kinda makes me want to do it all over again (with David, of course!). I actually tell him on a semi-regular basis how much fun it was and how we should do it again. He doesn't seem to agree. . .

As you can imagine it was a nutso weekend, and unfortunately it's going to be this way every weekend in May. Is it June yet?!?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a busy, but very good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all look fabulous! I'm happy to see some pictures, ma'am! :) I'm glad y'all had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete