Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Vow

vow 1  (vou) n. 
 An earnest promise to perform a specified act or behave in a certain manner, especially a solemn promise to live and act in accordance with.  

We rented The Vow last night starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. I love everything Rachel McAdams was in so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. What I didn't expect was for it to get to me as much as it did.


David and I are coming up on our second anniversary (eek!) and it honestly does not feel like we have been married that long. Every day is a new adventure with this man. He is constantly challenging me think deeper and love more. He supports me in everything that I do and lets me learn from my mistakes without so much as an "I told you so". He reminds me to breathe when I forget and to calm down when I get stressed (unfortunately this happens more often than not!). I wake up every morning and look at his sleeping face (I can count on one hand the number of times he has woken up before me in our marriage) and thank God for our relationship and the godly man he has led David to be.

When we said our vows on that blistering hot June day (note to brides, getting married in June is not all it's cracked up to be!) I never could have imagined where God would take us. Yes, I had a dream in my head of what I thought life should be like but I am extremely grateful that my dreams did not pan out and that God's dreams for us did. While the kidney revolt of 2011 was not what I would call a pleasant experience, it showed me what "through sickness and in health" truly means. And while the Alabama absence was not ideal, it showed me what "through thick and thin" truly means. God had an amazing plan in mind for us when he led us together almost five years ago.

As we head to my sweet friend Kelsey's wedding today I wish her (and all the other brides out there) the happiness and blessings we have been given. I know we are at the beginning of this journey, but if this is any indication of what God has in store for us, I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment