Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had a hankering for something sweet last night (shocker, right?) but knew I needed to make something I could share with others. I had to make something that I could enjoy for one night, then get out of the house! What could be more perfect than muffins?! I could make them, enjoy one, then take them to share at church the next day. Perfect. Here is a recipe for that little something sweet without going overboard.

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used the minis)

Directions
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. 
In a small bowl beat the egg, milk and oil. 
Pour into the dry ingredients and stir.
Add chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. 

This makes one dozen muffins. You can also adapt this for a quick bread. Pour all the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm these sound so good! Gonna have to try this recipe, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delish!

    And..."the merry mrs mobly making muffins for the morning" sounds like a nursery rhyme =)

    ReplyDelete