Friday, April 6, 2012

Guest Post-Along the Way with V & J!

While my hubby and I are taking a few days to get some MUCH needed R&R Valerie was kind enough to fill in for me. Be sure to stop by her adorable blog and say hello:-)

Hello! I’m Valerie from Along the Way with V & J! I’m so excited Lauren is having me guest post for her while she is on her Spring Break  trip! Today I’m going to share a recipe with you for one of my FAVORITE sweet treats: CAKE BATTER BLONDIES!

If you are a fan of cake batter flavored treats,
then this dessert is for you!
Every time I make them, they get rave reviews!
& the best part is: they are so easy to make! :)


Cake Batter Blondies
ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 – 1/2 cup milk {maybe a little more}
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

directions: Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. {I used an 8x8 baking pan}

If you want to eat them warm and GOOEY just let them cool for five or ten minutes before digging in.  If you wait twenty or thirty minutes the center will thicken to a delicious moist cake! We dug in while it was still gooey and it was super yummy! However; I actually preferred them the next day when the center thickened. Either way its one awesome treat!

Many thanks to Valerie for stopping over here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment