Monday, March 5, 2012

30 Before 30-Dinner Party

At the beginning of the year I began a quest. Not just any quest, but a quest to complete a "30 Before 30" Bucket List. Some of the items I've been trucking along on, and others I've been avoiding (who knew The Scarlet Letter would be so hard to get in to?!?). I am excited to announce that I have completed another task-host a dinner party!

Actually I completed this and blogged about it a few weeks ago, but had completely forgotten that this item was on my Bucket List. For David's birthday we had about 16 people over to celebrate him entering his 24th year of life (posted here). We had wonderful people from both sides of our family over to love on him. It was wonderful!

As for the dinner party part of it, that was pretty wonderful too! The original intention was for it to be smaller and more intimate, but I got a little carried away (no surprise there!) and it grew in size. That growth in size added to the celebration, though. It was a great learning experience (lesson learned: I do not need to wake up at 6am for a 5:30pm supper) and we had a lot of fun. Will we do it again? Most definitely! A few (repeat) pictures from the evening:

 Grammie, John, and Gramps

The spread

Birthday cake

 Gotta love presents!

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment